Cross Effect Store

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Take Up Your Cross And Follow Jesus

MT 16:24-28   " Then Jesus told His disciples, 'If anyone would come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever losses his life for My sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?  For the Son of Man is going to come with His angels in the glory of His Father,  and then He will repay each person according to what he has done. Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.' " I had a conversation with my neighbor today and this topic came up. He talked about a preacher who left the pulpit because a woman had enticed him to sin. Sure, it takes two to tangle, but he should of had the conviction to say "No". I have the same decision in my life. I am alone and want companionship. there are some women who are single and yet, I find myself stepping back and saying "No". No to myself, because I don't just want a companion, I need someone I can share the Love of Christ with. I'm not a prude, sure I would love to have sex, but that's all it is, sex. What happened to searching for a relationship? A communion of like minds. 'Just sex' will not lead me down the path God has set before me. I know I've done wrong in the past and I will have to suffer for that, but you see, I asked for forgiveness and as long as I don't venture down that road again, I do have His promise of everlasting life with the Lord. I can't afford to lose His love and His blessings, so I fight the good fight and I do my best not to give up. It's  daily battle, but I'm still here. thank You Lord for calling me. I'm here for You, let's do this.        Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment