The Artists Blog as it arises down this path of life. With every turn, there is a new story, a new challenge only God can make a way through.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
The Cross
In 2006 I was browsing through an art book and I saw an oil by Mr. Weistling, and I saw this oil painting. It captured my artistic abilities so I gave it a shot and here it is. It took four hours straight. The reason I was able to dive right into the drawing was that I was listening to Third Day music at the time. Their music is so uplifting to me and it puts me in another place spiritually. This drawing was done with a black ink pen and I will show you the technique I use to do the shading. I fell into it through trial and error. My dad has the original, which I added color to. I have given a lot of these away at church when I was living in Indiana. I hope you find this art refreshing to your spirit. Every time you look upon it, you'll find something new. God Bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment